What Works For Me ft. Jones New York

Monday, March 10, 2014



lasercut purse c/o Moda Luxe



People are always asking me how I juggle a full-tome job and a blog or most commonly I get "how do you have time to do it all?" My best answer is that I try to find ways to save time and create as many shortcuts as possible. I'm often leaving work to go straight to evening events which means a quick makeup touch up and that's it. It's important for me to look work appropriate and on trend at the same time, so my outfit has to be on double duty. So how do you dress for both work and play - that's what I ask myself when getting dressed in the morning.

First, you need to find a versatile brand tailored towards business that you know and trust. One that suits your correct sizing but also produces on-trend pieces and classic pieces consistently. This is where Jones New York comes in. Using mix-and-match items from their new spring collection, I was able to put together a effortless and timeless outfit with ease.


I chose a dressy denim pencil skirt and a chambray safari shirt from Jones New York for my office look. I think it's the perfect mix of trendy, tasteful and sophisticated. At the same time, I'm utilizing the denim-on-denim trend to stay true to my own style aesthetic. (Love love the details on this shirt like the metallic buttons! I can already tell I'll be wearing this one often.) With this look, I opted for spring inspired accessories like coral jewelry and light leather cutouts. It keeps the denim feeling fresh and young.


Other new arrivals that I love from Jones New York are this great tunic dress, this navy and white striped jacket and this spring trench. All three are wardrobe classics that are perfect for career and beyond!


See the full slideshow of contributors on the Stylelist website HERE!

This is a collaboration between Jones New York and the AOL Lifestyle Contributor Network. Compensation was provided by Jones New York via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Jones New York.

1 comments:

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated!

« »

A Pinch of Lovely | Southern Fashion & Style Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger