Deconstructed Valentine's Day Pt. 2

Wednesday, February 13, 2013



Dress Forever 21; vintage Mary Frances clutch (gift); Senorita Bow Heel (these are bridesmaid shoes reused!); c/o Ban.do Sparkle and Shine Jumbo Bobbi; Necklace c/o Origami Owl; c/o Stella & Dot Julep bracelets in white and pink, Foundation bracelets in pink and green; c/o Accessory Auctions spike bracelet.

This is part two of the Valentine's Day style series! Last week, I had a more serious and romantic look with a Jolie & Elizabeth stunner that took center stage. The outfit this week focuses on mixing fun and colorful accessories to create a playful party or dinner look without breaking the bank.

The dress might be the most surprising piece - a Forever 21 online steal! The trick with shopping Forever 21 - save your time, shop it online. They have better pieces than you'll ever find digging through those over-crowded racks. (Just the thought gives me a headache.) I ordered this dress and took it to the tailor to get it taken in properly. I've done this with lots of skirts and dresses from there, and they went from cute-but-ill-fitting to staple pieces.

My favorite Stella & Dot bracelet - the Julep - is also budget conscious. It comes in at only $19 is super versatile for stacking and mixing. I also love the Foundation bracelets that come in pink (my fav) and green. They're only $29 and benefit the Stella & Dot foundation. I've come to the realization you can never have too many bracelets... ever. Thanks Sarah Kleinpeter - my favorite S&D stylist - for helping style this post!

Okay... Have you guys heard of Origami Owl yet? I just found out about it and am kind of freaking out. You basically build your own necklace by picking a locket and filling it with different jewels and charms. Ashley Duffy (an Origami Owl Independent Designer) and I put together a Valentine's Day themed locket for today's post. SO fun picking out the different pieces and seeing the finished necklace. We picked a rose gold locket with yellow gold chain - I also loved the locket empty on just the chain too.

If you're now sort of interested in Origami Owl... you'll want to see tomorrow's giveaway post... :) 


3 comments:

  1. LOVE these photos, the backdrop is perfect with all the fallen flowers/leaves! Those shoes are insane too by the way. And now I'm running to Forever 21.

    xo Jessica
    www.mystylevita.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH I love how all the flower petals match! Wait, I thought you said our V-day outfits were the same? lol P.S. Let's still stay in touch about NOLA fashion week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit and how the color of the dress matchs with the scenery!

    inspiredcreationz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated!

« »

A Pinch of Lovely All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger